Monday, June 20, 2011

Don't Lose your Marbles!

This is a strategy that is extremely effective and helpful to me as a mother of 4 cute Kiddies :) and even more so now that School's Out for Summer.... 
talk about losing my Marbles already....haha.  I love my kids dearly :) I do, but they love to drive me bonkers a lot of the time too! :) I'm sure Mom's everywhere might agree with me..LOL.

So, I hope this will help you out like it does me!
The system is super simple:
Everytime my kids do something good- help me out in some way, do chores, read, eat dinner all gone, play nice with their siblings, etc, (you get the picture) they can get 1 marble (or more-depending on how much you think they earn for what they did) put in their jar.  If they do something bad- hit their sibling, talk back, be mean, etc. they can lose a marble. 
You can decide what happens when they get so many marbles.  Here are a couple ideas.
*They can spend marbles every other friday night at the "family store"- where we have goodies, coloring books, stickers, glow necklaces, etc. filled in a bucket available for "purchase" for so many marbles each prize.
*They can trade in their marbles at the end of the week for money/allowance.
*They can try to get their marbles all the way to the top and be able to buy a certain toy they've been begging to have, or go on a super fun date w/ Mom and Dad, or go somewhere really fun!! Maybe even Disneyland!! You decide!

How to make:
I simply had a few mason jars around the house that I used.  I made up some cute design on my computer using digi scrapbooking.  (I like to use Memory Mixer). I printed it out and mod podged it to my jars. Super Easy! You can also print it out on Sticker paper or something like that and Mod Podge over it for a good seal or packaging tape also works great for a clear, waterproof seal.

You can kinda take this idea and run with it, so many creative possibilies and things your kids can learn & earn.
So heres to a happy Summer with your kids, less fighting, more listening and a more sane Mommy! :) I'd love to know if you try it and how it works out for you!


Linkin Up!

Making Monday Marvelous Linky PartyThe Girl Creative




Creations by Kara
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
NightOwlCrafting

4 Comment Luv:

Brit said...[Reply]

This is a great idea! I am all about any system that helps my kids make better choices! Thanks for sharing, and thanks for linking up to our Help a Momma Out party!
Britney
www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...[Reply]

What a great idea! My husband and I are just finalizing our adoption of school aged siblings and This is our first time parenting and I'm looking for all the tips I can get. Thanks for sharing this great idea!! ~ Lu

Unknown said...[Reply]

Thanks for the comments! Glad you like it and hope it can become so useful to you! Good Luck with your adoption Crafty Lu! How exciting and scary all at the same time! You'll do great!!

Shandra said...[Reply]

I have started this with my 6 year old daughter & she really loves it. What a great idea, it's really helping her to have more responsibility without us having to tell her over & over again to do something or not to do something. So Thank you!!! :o)

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments and Feedback! If you take the time to read my blog, I'd love to hear from you anytime!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Natural supplements

Brain Balance

Search This Blog

Hint Water

Fit MaMa WannaBe on Facebook

a POPSUGAR Select Fitness Founding Member

Sweat Pink!



Fit Mama WannaBe


To show support please leave comments, questions, feedback and you can follow via Google Friend Connect, Networked Blogs, Bloglovin', Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Fit Mama WannaBe
Thoughts in Vinyl Blog Button

I want to hear your story.....

If you have a Weight-loss or Fitness or any other motivational type Story, I would love to feature you on my blog. Please email me at sparklesandbugs {at} hotmail.com



Follow Me on Pinterest

Copyrighted

Please don't use any picture or ideas from this blog without proper attribution. Thanks a bunch!
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved