Sunday, October 31, 2010

Just a Bakin' & Makin'...

Mmmm...milk please!  Just because I can on my FREE day from the 8 week challenge =)
 A little "Amish Friendship Bread."  Have you ever tried this?  It's really good and an interesting process while you wait 10 days before you bake it and then pass some more starters onto friends.  So today was day 10, I made some for us and some starter bags and recipes to pass on with a little sample as well.
I also made some "Chicken Bowtie Salad" today to take a long to our ward Trunk or Treat Dinner.  I love this salad!

Chicken Bowtie Salad

1 1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
1 1/2 cups rotini pasta
1 1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
1 (20 oz can) pineapple, drained
1 cup red grapes, sliced in half
2 ribs of celery, diced
3 green onions, diced
1 cup craisins
1 cup cashews (if desired) or try slivered/sliced almonds
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup mayonnaise

Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and cool pasta. To large bowl, add pasta, chicken, pineapple, grapes, celery, onion, and craisins. In a separate bowl mix sugar and mayo. Pour over pasta mixture and toss. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. Mix in cashews just before serving.
{I actually don't add 1/2 of this stuff!  You can take out and add whatever you like in this salad. When I make it I only use a full package of Bow tie pasta, not rotini and usually only chicken, celery and grapes.  Just mix it up and change it every time you make it.} 

0 Comment Luv:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments and Feedback! If you take the time to read my blog, I'd love to hear from you anytime!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Natural supplements

Brain Balance

Search This Blog

Hint Water

Fit MaMa WannaBe on Facebook

a POPSUGAR Select Fitness Founding Member

Sweat Pink!



Fit Mama WannaBe


To show support please leave comments, questions, feedback and you can follow via Google Friend Connect, Networked Blogs, Bloglovin', Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Fit Mama WannaBe
Thoughts in Vinyl Blog Button

I want to hear your story.....

If you have a Weight-loss or Fitness or any other motivational type Story, I would love to feature you on my blog. Please email me at sparklesandbugs {at} hotmail.com



Follow Me on Pinterest

Copyrighted

Please don't use any picture or ideas from this blog without proper attribution. Thanks a bunch!
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved