Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Yummy Potato Soup...Mmmmm

I really love this recipe, I got it from my sister in law. It's actually cooking on the stove right now.  It will be super nice & easy for my hubby to heat it up tonight for dinner while I'm teaching Music class.  I try to make things ahead of time that he can warm up or stick in the oven because I don't have time to make dinner a few nights out of the week because I'm teaching.  So, this is a great one....especially this time of the year!
Here ya go...let me know if you try it out.

Potato Soup
1 Cup Diced Onion
Diced Carrots
Diced Celery
3/4 Cup Butter
3/4 Cup flour
4 tsps chicken buillion granules or 4 cubes
3 Cups water
4 cups diced potatoes
2 Cups half & half
2 Cups Milk
16 oz velveta cheese (the recipe actually calls for 12 oz, but I never find 12 oz)

Mix onion, carrots, celery & butter in stock pot and cook till onions are clear.  Add flour and stir in then add bouillon then water and stir good.  Add Potatoes, half & half and milk.  Cook slowly with lid on till potatoes are tender then add Velveeta cheese and cook short time longer.  To keep warm use crock pot on low or warm.  (Do not let boil or soup will look curdled, although it won't affect the taste :) Can add more milk or half & half as needed to thin down. 

{A few things...sometimes when I don't feel like chopping an onion I just use the onion flakes.  I'm not a big onion person anyway and I really don't like cutting onions....any tips on that??  Also I usually add 5 or 6 buillion cubes, I like a more salty taste.  It's just me...I sorta love salt, yes I know...not good :)  My husband likes it with more potatoes, so I usually add about 5 cups or so, until it looks potato-ey enough....haha.  Enjoy!  It's so yummy!}

0 Comment Luv:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments and Feedback! If you take the time to read my blog, I'd love to hear from you anytime!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Natural supplements

Brain Balance

Search This Blog

Hint Water

Fit MaMa WannaBe on Facebook

a POPSUGAR Select Fitness Founding Member

Sweat Pink!



Fit Mama WannaBe


To show support please leave comments, questions, feedback and you can follow via Google Friend Connect, Networked Blogs, Bloglovin', Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Fit Mama WannaBe
Thoughts in Vinyl Blog Button

I want to hear your story.....

If you have a Weight-loss or Fitness or any other motivational type Story, I would love to feature you on my blog. Please email me at sparklesandbugs {at} hotmail.com



Follow Me on Pinterest

Copyrighted

Please don't use any picture or ideas from this blog without proper attribution. Thanks a bunch!
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved