Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Crockpot BBQ Chicken...(will you share your recipes)

I'm really looking for some yummy Crockpot Recipes or good recipes that can cook and I can have ready for my family when I'm done teaching music class.  Preferably something that doesn't take forever to prepare as well. :)  I never finish until about 6 pm 3 days a week and it's nice to have something ready by that time.  My family doesn't like to wait much longer after that. :) So, if you have any ideas for me I would love to hear them.  You can leave a comment or email me at sparklesandbugs@hotmail.com or shanerfam6@hotmail.com  Thanks so much! 

This is one that my mom shared and I plan on fixing it tomorrow.  Sounds good!  Thanks Mom!

Crockpot BBQ Chicken

up to 3 full breast chicken- cut into strips
16 oz BBQ Sauce
1/2 cup Italian dressing
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
2 TBS Worcestershire sauce (did I spell that right?? :)

Mix ingredients together and pour over chicken.  Cook 4 hours on High or 8 hours on Low.  Serve over Rice!

4 Comment Luv:

Melinda said...[Reply]

This is one of my family's favorites!

Santa Fe Chicken
Chicken Breasts (I usually do 5-6)
1 can corn drained (I sometimes do 2)
1 can black beans drained and rinsed (again, I usually do 2)
1 packet taco seasoning
salsa (I just eyeball it. The recipe calls for a 14 oz jar, but I like more)

Put chicken in crockpot. Add taco seasoning then salsa. Top with beans and corn. Cook on low all day. (If chicken is frozen, I usually cook on high for a few hours then lower it to low). When done shred chicken.

Can be served over rice. But my family loves it in tortillas. We sprinkle cheese on it, add sour cream, and roll it up. Sometimes we'll saute peppers and onions to add to it. Kind of like a fajita. So good!

If there is any leftover (there ususally isn't in my house!) it freezes well.

tori said...[Reply]

We love the crock pot at our house. This is the one I am making tomorrow.

Shredded Savory Pork

3 lb. boneless pork shoulder blade roast
(remember it has to be a shoulder so that it will shred.)

1 large onion, cut into chunks
1 c. chicken or beef broth
Kosher salt and pepper to taste
1-2 cloves garlic (I use the minced in a jar)
Favorite BBQ sauce
Hamburger buns

Place roast in crock pot with onion, broth, garlic,salt and pepper. Cook on High 4 to 5 hours or on Low for 6 to 8 hours or until pork can be easily pulled apart with a fork. Reserve about 1 cup of broth and remove the rest from the crock pot. Shred meat with two forks. Add enough broth to give the meat a good consistency. Serve on Hamburger buns and with a favorite BBQ sauce if you like.

At my house we like Famous Dave's Rich and Sassy, or sweet and tangy. I'm not sure what brands you can buy out there, I've been away too long. Hope you like it!!

Nicole Hunt said...[Reply]

Crock Pot Mac & Cheese!
I triple this recipe for my fam btw!

Ingredients:
2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni (an 8-ounce box isn't quite 2 cups)
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, cut into pieces
2 1/2 cups (about 10 ounces) grated sharp Cheddar cheese
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup sour cream
1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed Cheddar cheese soup
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup whole milk
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions
Boil the macaroni in a 2 quart saucepan in plenty of water until tender, about 7 minutes. Drain. In a medium saucepan, mix butter and cheese. Stir until the cheese melts. In a slow cooker, combine cheese/butter mixture and add the eggs, sour cream, soup, salt, milk, mustard and pepper and stir well. Then add drained macaroni and stir again. Set the slow cooker on low setting and cook for 3 hours, stirring occasionally

tori said...[Reply]

I forgot to tell you about this website, it might come in handy!!

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

Happy Cooking!

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments and Feedback! If you take the time to read my blog, I'd love to hear from you anytime!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Natural supplements

Brain Balance

Search This Blog

Hint Water

Fit MaMa WannaBe on Facebook

a POPSUGAR Select Fitness Founding Member

Sweat Pink!



Fit Mama WannaBe


To show support please leave comments, questions, feedback and you can follow via Google Friend Connect, Networked Blogs, Bloglovin', Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Fit Mama WannaBe
Thoughts in Vinyl Blog Button

I want to hear your story.....

If you have a Weight-loss or Fitness or any other motivational type Story, I would love to feature you on my blog. Please email me at sparklesandbugs {at} hotmail.com



Follow Me on Pinterest

Copyrighted

Please don't use any picture or ideas from this blog without proper attribution. Thanks a bunch!
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved