Thursday, August 2, 2012

My Weight Routine

The last few weeks I have got myself into a nice Weight lifting routine.  I have really seen the benefits with this more than anything else.  I have always enjoyed lifting weights but never did it consistent enough focusing on each part of the body.

For the first couple weeks I only did the Weights along with the Clean Eating.  I couldn't handle it anymore without running...haha.  So, the 3rd week I added back some cardio and started again with cross fit a couple times a week.  I think doing weights is so beneficial and helps you get the physique that you want faster than doing anything else.  It builds that lean look.  Here is what I have been doing......  (Please let me know if you need to know what each exercise is, I will work on creating links/video or instructions if I need to)

Day 1- Chest & Triceps (3 sets each exercise/12-15 reps each)
Wide Push ups
Dumb bell/barbell bench press
Flat bench cable flies
Narrow Push-up
Overhead Triceps Dumb bell extenstion
Triceps Cable Push Down
Bench dips or Tricep kickbacks

Day 2-Back & Biceps (3 sets/ 12-15 reps)
Wide grip Lat pull down
One arm bent over weighted row
Seated cable row
Underhand cable pull down
Alternating dumb bell bicep curls
One Arm preacher curls or hammer curls
Standing bicep cable curls

Day 3- Legs/Calves/Butt (3 or 4 sets- 15-20 reps)
Weighted squats
Weighted Lunges or weighted Cursty lunges
Weighted Sumo Squat
Weighted dead lift
Standing weighted calf raises
Scissors & circles (inner thighs)
Leg Kick Back (for total glute area :)

Day 4- Shoulders/Abs/Obliques (3 sets/ 12-15 reps)
Seated dumbbell press
Front delt raise with dumb bells(raise arms forward & all the way up)
Side lateral raises with dumb bells (to a "T")
Reverse (bent over) delt fly/to the back
Ball crunches (20 reps)
Air Bikes (20 reps)
Weighted obliques side to side (sitting or standing)
Lower abs in /out plank w/ ball

You can do this at the Gym which will give you more of a variety or most of these can be done at home with a few little changes.  I only have a set of small dumb bells and I broke out the Bowflex that we have had for at least 8 years and hardly every been used. That allows me to use more weight with the exercises.  So, I do it all at home.  Before I broke out the Bowflex :) I was still doing this at home, just changed up the exercises a bit to only do with dumb bells and my own body weight.  As you get use to this you can then increase the weight that you are using & decrease the number of reps that you do for each set.

You can do all days and then rest the rest of the week or do all the days, take a rest day and start the rotation again.  You are doing different things on different days so it gives the other muscles rest each day.  This focuses on every part of your body.  Once you do this for a couple weeks you will start to tone up those muscles, then when you add in some cardio you will burn the fat away and your new toned muscles will show through.  That's the idea ;) But, it's not all about exercise.  Nutrition is more than half of the battle. I've had a few questions about Nutrition so, that will again be a later post. :) Please let me know what questions you have about my weight lifting routine or about My Nutrition and I will try to answer them the best I can.  Hope this helps!! Have a great rest of the week!


2 Comment Luv:

Shannon said...[Reply]

I wish I could MAKE myself do this. Sigh. Maybe one day. For now I'll stick with running.

How do you like your bowflex? I thought about getting some kind of machine that is universal where I can work out all parts of my body with it.

Shannon
http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

Unknown said...[Reply]

@Shannon Well, if you ever feel like you need something else, you should for sure add in a weight routine, you will see a big difference. Being consistent with it is key!! The Bowflex sat around for a lot of years without hardly being touched...haha. But, I am actually starting to really love it.

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments and Feedback! If you take the time to read my blog, I'd love to hear from you anytime!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Natural supplements

Brain Balance

Search This Blog

Hint Water

Fit MaMa WannaBe on Facebook

a POPSUGAR Select Fitness Founding Member

Sweat Pink!



Fit Mama WannaBe


To show support please leave comments, questions, feedback and you can follow via Google Friend Connect, Networked Blogs, Bloglovin', Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Fit Mama WannaBe
Thoughts in Vinyl Blog Button

I want to hear your story.....

If you have a Weight-loss or Fitness or any other motivational type Story, I would love to feature you on my blog. Please email me at sparklesandbugs {at} hotmail.com



Follow Me on Pinterest

Copyrighted

Please don't use any picture or ideas from this blog without proper attribution. Thanks a bunch!
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved