Wednesday, October 10, 2012

YW Lesson: Caring for our Physical Bodies

I have the lesson this week in Young Women's, so I figured I better get working on it today.  I was excited when I looked at our schedule and that my lesson is Manual 1- #37 "Caring for our Physical Bodies."  Yay!! I get giddy when I get to talk about things like that! :)  And I love that I get to share it with young women so that they can hopefully make good habits now! Taking care of our body is an important part of our lives, not just physically, but most importantly spiritually!! I think we often take our bodies for granted and forget what a gift they are to us.  We focus a lot on saying our prayers, reading our scriptures, going to church, helping others... which are all very important things, but we forget that taking care of ourselves is equally important.  When we are taking care of our Body all the other things will start to fall into place. 

Rather than just Physical activity and eating right... taking care of our skin, teeth, hair, etc is also important and keeps us healthy and feeling good about ourselves on the outside.
There are some other fun ideas on Sugar Doodle like having an activity during the week taste testing all different kinds of fruits and veggies, ones that you may not have heard of.

Here is a fun handout that I'm going to use
The Body handout from Sugar Doodle
"There is a close relationship between physical health and spiritual development.... when one's physical health is impaired by disobedience to God's eternal laws, spiritual development will also suffer."
~Elder Delbert L. Stapley

I think I'll make some sort of "Clean Eating" treat to give the girls to show them that Healthier eating can still be good!

This is also a really great quote that brings it all together.


I love what I do here on my blog and that I can help others remember to take care of themselves.  This lesson just reminded me that I am doing something important.

****

Ann Dibb October 2012 Talk:  I'm a Mormon.  I know it, I live it, I love it.
To learn more about my church go to www.lds.org or www.mormon.org

2 Comment Luv:

Zumba Exhilarate Body Shaping System said...[Reply]

Your article is telling the right thing. I love reading it every time I visit your site. I always make it to a point I have a good grooming aside from eating healthy foods and doing zumba as my form of exercise.

Kathy said...[Reply]

Nice Blog, Keep sharing more blog.
Regards,
Three Links Assisted Living

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments and Feedback! If you take the time to read my blog, I'd love to hear from you anytime!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Natural supplements

Brain Balance

Search This Blog

Hint Water

Fit MaMa WannaBe on Facebook

a POPSUGAR Select Fitness Founding Member

Sweat Pink!



Fit Mama WannaBe


To show support please leave comments, questions, feedback and you can follow via Google Friend Connect, Networked Blogs, Bloglovin', Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Fit Mama WannaBe
Thoughts in Vinyl Blog Button

I want to hear your story.....

If you have a Weight-loss or Fitness or any other motivational type Story, I would love to feature you on my blog. Please email me at sparklesandbugs {at} hotmail.com



Follow Me on Pinterest

Copyrighted

Please don't use any picture or ideas from this blog without proper attribution. Thanks a bunch!
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved