Friday, August 5, 2011

Fitness Friday: 10 Great Fit Tips (& Link up 8/5)

Welcome to Fitness Friday!!
First of all don't forget to Grab the Button for our Upcoming Challenge. Yay! Spread the word, tell Family, Friends, get everybody you know involved. Get signed up, it's starts a week from Monday! Just think...only 30 minutes of Exercise 4 times a week will get you 8 miles, if you run you can get more in less time.  It's not too hard, but not too easy, be brave enough to Challenge yourself & gain more confidence through getting more fit! You can do it!
Photobucket


Now let's get to these Fit Tips!

1-Don't be afraid to Graze. Eat six small meals a day to avoid blood-sugar spikes and decrease your urge to binge. 


2-Don't starve yourself. Undereating causes your metabolic rate to drop and your body to hold onto fat. 



3-Increase in muscle. Muscles help you burn more fat. Ladies especially, don't be afraid to tone up with weights/resistance training.  It's one of the best things you can do. 
4-Don't forget the Cardio. It improves definition and gets rid of the fat that covers your muscles. Combining regular aerobic exercise with strength training will give you the slimming effect you've been going for. Just like a house needs a firm foundation, so does your body!
5-Stretch, Stretch, Stretch. Stretching helps elongate those muscles and of course helps in flexibility, it can help prevent injury.  Stretching helps your muscles work better! Make sure you have a good warm-up and then stretch (stretching cold muscles isn't the best idea) before a big workout, Also stretch after your workout.
6- Play up your assets. Playing up your favorite body parts can boost your confidence and draw attention away from spots you want to minimize. Sculpting your shoulders, arms, chest, and back, for example, can help balance heavier hips so you look more proportionate. Plus, you'll be firmer all over.
7- Eat Real Food. Try to Fuel your body with mostly wholesome, nutritious foods, and limit your intake of refined carbs (anything sugary or white-flour based). I know it's hard, but it helps.  I'm not perfect in this area.  I try my best.  A good goal that I've talked about before is try to eat really good 80% of the time and give yourself 20%.  It's something to try :)
8. Drink more water! Your body needs Water, it helps keep you hydrated and keeps you healthy. See what else I've said about water HERE.
9. Get some Zzzzz's. Get 7-8 hours of sleep a night.
10. Control what you can. Keep stress levels in check by managing your time, focusing on the present and not over-committing. Enjoy Life!!

Extra tip: Make it a habit of eating within 30 minutes after waking in the morning and eat 1-2 hours before going to bed at night OR no later than 8 pm
Linkin' up with:



Photobucket

Life As I See It [Fitness, Health and Happiness] 
Tip Junkie handmade projects


4 Comment Luv:

Anonymous said...[Reply]

Okay!! I joined before I could change my mind again. :)

Dianna@KennedyAdventures said...[Reply]

I think you gave some GREAT tips here! I especially love the 80/20 rule .... it works wonders for me.

Thanks for being a great host!

Rani said...[Reply]

Sounds awesome! I'm up for a challenge~!!!

jillconyers said...[Reply]

Great tips! I'm doing well with all of them except the sleep. Some time ago I started with 80/20 but seem to do better with 90/10. Less wiggle room I guess?

Thanks for linking up with FItness Friday!

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments and Feedback! If you take the time to read my blog, I'd love to hear from you anytime!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Natural supplements

Brain Balance

Search This Blog

Hint Water

Fit MaMa WannaBe on Facebook

a POPSUGAR Select Fitness Founding Member

Sweat Pink!



Fit Mama WannaBe


To show support please leave comments, questions, feedback and you can follow via Google Friend Connect, Networked Blogs, Bloglovin', Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Fit Mama WannaBe
Thoughts in Vinyl Blog Button

I want to hear your story.....

If you have a Weight-loss or Fitness or any other motivational type Story, I would love to feature you on my blog. Please email me at sparklesandbugs {at} hotmail.com



Follow Me on Pinterest

Copyrighted

Please don't use any picture or ideas from this blog without proper attribution. Thanks a bunch!
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved