Monday, October 14, 2013

(Dinner for YOU Dinner for ME)- Sloppy Joes & Sweet Potato Sloppy Joes

When dealing with food alleriges/intolerances or different ways of eating in your household,  It can be very difficult especially at dinner time.  I will be sharing my dinner ideas with you! Everything that I eat is Dairy, Soy, Gluten and refined Sugar free.  The way I eat would basically be considered mostly Paleo because of these food allergies. I will on occasion have Gluten Free Oats and Gluten free Brown rice. For my family I like to keep it as Clean as possible.  I like to keep it as simple as possible and something my picky kids and hubby will eat. 

****



{For ME}
Sweet Potato Sloppy Joes (serves 2)
  • 2 large sweet potatoes, scrubbed clean
  • 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 tsp sea salt
This was enough meat to serve my family of 6 with some leftover as well. 
  • 2- 16oz ground beef (grass fed preferred) or ground turkey
  • 1/2-1 white onion (I used fozen onions)
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 jalapeno, finely chopped, (I never add this, I don't love it spicy)
  • I can tomato paste (6 oz)
  • 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce (can add 2 cans if you like it more runny)
  • 3-4 tbsps yellow mustard
  • sea salt and pepper to taste
  1. Brush the sweet potatoes with olive oil, prick the skin a few times then dust with sea salt. Place on a baking tray at bake at 400 for 50-60 minutes or til soft inside, crispy outside. See my Sweet Potato Fries (as pictured) recipe to make those instead! Yum!
  2. While the sweet potato is roasting, prepare the sloppy joe mix by add the onion, garlic, jalapeno and beef to a skillet or large saucepan. Gently fry until the beef has browned and broken up into small chunks.
  3. Stir in the tomato paste and mustard. Let the mixture simmer for 15-20 minutes over a low heat.
  4. Cut the sweet potatoes in half lengthways mash a bit and top with your sloppy joe mixture OR serve on Sweet Potato Fries.  Could add a little cheese on top if you eat Dairy. My husband actually loved the Sweet Potato Sloppy Joes too.  It's like Chili Cheese Fries. :)
{For the Fam}
The Rest of the Family eats it on Whole Wheat Buns and a couple of my kids will eat the sweet potato fries on the side.  Making your own is very simple and saves you from using the premade sauce filled with sugar.  Yay for keeping the family Healthy!

Enjoy!

Don't forget to enter my Current GIVEAWAY!! Win a variety of yummy Larabar's.  Great chance of winning!

0 Comment Luv:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments and Feedback! If you take the time to read my blog, I'd love to hear from you anytime!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Natural supplements

Brain Balance

Search This Blog

Hint Water

Fit MaMa WannaBe on Facebook

a POPSUGAR Select Fitness Founding Member

Sweat Pink!



Fit Mama WannaBe


To show support please leave comments, questions, feedback and you can follow via Google Friend Connect, Networked Blogs, Bloglovin', Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Fit Mama WannaBe
Thoughts in Vinyl Blog Button

I want to hear your story.....

If you have a Weight-loss or Fitness or any other motivational type Story, I would love to feature you on my blog. Please email me at sparklesandbugs {at} hotmail.com



Follow Me on Pinterest

Copyrighted

Please don't use any picture or ideas from this blog without proper attribution. Thanks a bunch!
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved