Friday, May 24, 2013

Sweet Potato Fries!!

I have come to LOVE Sweet Potatoes.  I have them almost everyday especially if I do a tough workout in the morning they are a great Pre or Post workout food paired with a good protein. I usually work out really early in the morning so I'll just grab a banana or an egg muffin before I workout. Then I'll do Sweet Potato and Eggs or something like that normally after my workout in the morning.
I tried Sweet Potato Fries a few months before I strated Whole 30 and I hated them!! I was trying to be hopeful about Sweet Potatoes because they are so good for you.  But, I just couldn't do it for some reason, not sure if it was the recipe or if my taste buds have just changed so much from doing Whole 30.  

I really love This Sweet Potato Fry recipe.  They are delish and my husband and family will eat them too!!


What you will need:
3 Sweet Potatoes, washed, and cubed into chunky pieces with skin on
1/4 cup olive oil
1-2 tsp minced garlic (I love garlic so I always use at least 2 tsp)
1 1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
Sea salt
Preheat Oven to 425 
Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix well
Pour out and spread onto a baking sheet, make sure they are not touching and bake for approx. 20-25 minutes (making sure to flip at least once)
Yummy!


Also great to pair them with a "Naked" burger :) So good!


I also tried these Sweet Potato Chips recently!!! Mmmmmm....I love them as long as I don't burn them! :)
A couple other ways I like to cook sweet potatoes is just to simply bake them or put them in the microwave :) and add clarified butter and cinnamon. Or I will dice them up and cook them in Coconut Oil on low-med until tender and a little crisp on the outside.  I will either add salt and pepper or cinnamon.
What are some of your favorite ways to Prepare Sweet Potatoes?


1 Comment Luv:

Ginger said...[Reply]

Sweat potatos are really good. I prefer them like wedges.

By the way, don´t you have a search box on your site?

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments and Feedback! If you take the time to read my blog, I'd love to hear from you anytime!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Natural supplements

Brain Balance

Search This Blog

Hint Water

Fit MaMa WannaBe on Facebook

a POPSUGAR Select Fitness Founding Member

Sweat Pink!



Fit Mama WannaBe


To show support please leave comments, questions, feedback and you can follow via Google Friend Connect, Networked Blogs, Bloglovin', Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Fit Mama WannaBe
Thoughts in Vinyl Blog Button

I want to hear your story.....

If you have a Weight-loss or Fitness or any other motivational type Story, I would love to feature you on my blog. Please email me at sparklesandbugs {at} hotmail.com



Follow Me on Pinterest

Copyrighted

Please don't use any picture or ideas from this blog without proper attribution. Thanks a bunch!
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved