Monday, May 27, 2013

Whole 30- I made it past Day 22 :)

I can't believe I'm almost done with my Whole 30.  My last attempt I only made it to Day 22 and I pretty much started right over after I slipped up.  So, I have been eating this way for almost 2 months with a little slip in between.  I love it!! I never thought I would love eating like this.  I am eating way more veggies than I use to and I don't really miss the things that I thought I would.  I want to go longer.  I am excited to reintroduce things one by one to finally know how my body reacts to certain things.  Today I am finishing up Day 27! WooHoo! I'm starting to feel more energy too. I'm still experimenting with finding the best Carb/Protein/Fat ration for me. Everybody's body is different.  Some like to do a 40/40/20 split. 40% Carbs, 40% Proteins, 20% Fats.  Some don't do well with that. I've been trying that ratio, but I do eat more fats than that. Luckily it's Healthy Fats. Just not sure if cutting back on those will help me be a little more successful with this.  So, I'm trying to figure it out. Somethings I have been trying to do the last couple days is up my carbs and eat the majority of my starchy carbs in the first part of the day.  Things like Sweet Potato and Fruit more in the first part of the day and not so much in the last.  I workout in the morning and eating more carbs after that is essential to keep up my energy. It seems to help. It should start helping with my nightly sweet cravings too.

Here are a few things I had the last couple weeks...

Salmon patties- I get a craving for these at least every 2 weeks.  They are super easy.  I don't really follow a recipe I just wing it..haha.  I do that with a lot of things.  I use wild caught salmon, I believe it's "chicken of the sea" brand that I usually get. I add an egg, some coconut flour or almond flour, celery, parsley, salt and pepper.  I pan fry them in the coconut oil or olive oil.  Add lemon juice before eating. It's easy to put what ever protein you are having on a bed of spinach leaves to get those extra veggies in.  I just paired this with some sliced cucumbers and avacado.  Lemon juice and salt/pepper on everything!

I had some Salmon patties left over, so I had them the next day with a side of fresh green beans, some tropical fruit and olives.


Grilled Pineapple with Coconut Butter- This sweet treat is one of my new favorites.  The picture does not do it justice.  It's super good and super sweet! Pineapple does have a ton of natural sugar, so I know I shouldn't have this too often, especially at night. Grilled (or baked in my case) pineapple.  I put clarified butter on each slice, bake at 400 for 10 minutes and flip, add more clarified butter or Ghee and cook for another 10 minutes or until tender and grilled just how you like it. I topped it with my Homemade Coconut Butter. I top everything with that. :) It really was a great combo.


My chips look burned..haha, but still were awesome! The Watermelon/cucumer salad was awesome too.  


This is another go to treat. :) Simple. If I don't make it into icecream with frozen bananas, I just use fresh sliced bananas.  Add some berries or other fruit, warm coconut butter (of course) and crushed pecans or almonds on top.  Yummy! Now if I can just stop craving this at night!! I need to stop eating fruit and "treats" at night!! But, hey it's better than indulging in processed carbs and junk! Right!?


Day 28 here I come! 

0 Comment Luv:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments and Feedback! If you take the time to read my blog, I'd love to hear from you anytime!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Natural supplements

Brain Balance

Search This Blog

Hint Water

Fit MaMa WannaBe on Facebook

a POPSUGAR Select Fitness Founding Member

Sweat Pink!



Fit Mama WannaBe


To show support please leave comments, questions, feedback and you can follow via Google Friend Connect, Networked Blogs, Bloglovin', Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Fit Mama WannaBe
Thoughts in Vinyl Blog Button

I want to hear your story.....

If you have a Weight-loss or Fitness or any other motivational type Story, I would love to feature you on my blog. Please email me at sparklesandbugs {at} hotmail.com



Follow Me on Pinterest

Copyrighted

Please don't use any picture or ideas from this blog without proper attribution. Thanks a bunch!
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved