Saturday, May 11, 2013

Homemade Larabars


I LOVE Larabars.  They have only real ingredients.  Love it! If you haven't tried a Larabar you need to try one.  They have been my go to snack when I'm in a bind.  They are grain free, sugar free...and so good! They are Whole30 approved....most of them anyway.  {If you are doing Whole30 you have to read the ingredients to make sure.  And you shouldn't have them all the time on Whole30 because it can lead to too much snacking. They recommend keeping one in your purse just for emergencies when you need something to eat now.}  
Anyway, back to Larabars....Yum! {I have an amazing giveaway coming very soon too....hint, hint}
They are a great company!
Since I ran out of my Larabars and I like to experiment :) I decided I wanted to try to make my own.
Mine don't look that pretty...but they turned out great!! And they are super easy and fast to make.
Check out these links for easy instructions and recipes to try:
(theres look much prettier than mine...haha)


These all sound like yummy combinations.  I may be making some more tomorrow :)

For the ones I made above I used
12 dates 
(I used "Deglect Noor" Dates, "Medjool" is supposed to be best to use, but they were more expensive :) I found them in the fridge section of a health food store.)
about 1/2 cup pecans 
about 1/2 cup almonds
small handful of unsweetened coconut flakes

I first added the almonds and pecans in my food processor and grinded until fine, then poured them out into a bowl and added the dates and grinded them for a minute or so until in smaller pieces. I then re-added the nut mixture back in and processed them together along with a handful of coconut flakes.  Since I used the "deglect noor" dates and they must not be as sticky, I added a couple TBS of warm water to the mixture.  Mixed them together until it looked good and took the mixture out and shaped into squares.  I didn't make that much because I was experimenting and didn't know how it would turn out.  I probably could have added a bit more than a full cup of nuts. But, they taste yummy!! Turned out great! You can roll them into balls, make them into squares or round them out like a cookie. Put them in the fridge for a while to set up a little more and store any leftovers in the fridge. So good! I will definitely be making some more soon!


0 Comment Luv:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments and Feedback! If you take the time to read my blog, I'd love to hear from you anytime!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Natural supplements

Brain Balance

Search This Blog

Hint Water

Fit MaMa WannaBe on Facebook

a POPSUGAR Select Fitness Founding Member

Sweat Pink!



Fit Mama WannaBe


To show support please leave comments, questions, feedback and you can follow via Google Friend Connect, Networked Blogs, Bloglovin', Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Fit Mama WannaBe
Thoughts in Vinyl Blog Button

I want to hear your story.....

If you have a Weight-loss or Fitness or any other motivational type Story, I would love to feature you on my blog. Please email me at sparklesandbugs {at} hotmail.com



Follow Me on Pinterest

Copyrighted

Please don't use any picture or ideas from this blog without proper attribution. Thanks a bunch!
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved