Friday, May 3, 2013

Whole30- Take 2 & some fun extras :)

 I love sharing some of my favorite meals from the week! It reminds me of what I have loved and should make again.  Maybe it will give you some ideas too.  I'll be sharing more recipes soon.  So, after my little slip on Day 22 of my 1st Whole30, I started over the very next day.  I actually really love eating this way.  I feel really good! After my slip, the next day I felt those Hypoglycemic symptons all over again from the sugar and processed carbs I had eaten and I just didn't feel right.  Then, it was probably 24 hours later or so I got the WORST stomache ache!! Ugh! Not good.  That gives me motivation to not slip again.  Not really sure what caused it because I didn't just add things back in one at a time, I kinda went Hog Wild....haha.  But, the good thing is...it wasn't actually really as wild as I normally would have done on a binge in the past.  I didn't really eat that much food, I just had a few things that were not approved for Whole 30 or Paleo.  So, a little slip isn't the end of the world....it's a lifestyle.  I'm going to do Whole30 the whole month of May though and after that I'll just make it a part of my lifestyle and see what happens with the non- approved stuff.  I'll have to find out what works for me and what doesn't.

Here are a few of my favorite meals from this past week.....

Beef Fajita Salad! This was tasty!!

I'm getting more creative with my eggs.  I actually found out that I LOVE grilled sweet peppers. I cooked them in a little olive oil, with salt/pepper...I had them just as a veggies side with one of my meals that way.  So good! Since I still had some freshly cut up, the next day I added a few a long with spinach in my scrambled eggs.  Very good! I love that I'm liking a bunch of new Healthy foods! Yay me! :)

Sweet Potato Fries and fried eggs.... These Sweet Potato fries deserve a post of their own, don't worry! It's coming! :)

Spaghetti Squash and Meat Balls!!! What?! Oh yes, it was delicious! Post coming for this one too! :)

"Naked Burgers" and Sweet Potato Fries.....one of my favorites!! Who needs the bun? I just used the lettuce as my bun, picked it up just like that and ate it.  So good! My kids thought it was funny that I called it a "Naked Burger" :)

Favorite Snack!! Almond butter and apples.  I'm in Love! I probably have this a little too much ;)

Strawberry and Chicken Salad.....Spinach and romaine lettuce, avacado, strawberry, chicken,  & almond slivers.  I also like to add little mandarin oranges (as long as there is no added sugar, only 100% juice) it gives it a yummy sweet, juicy taste!
Now just for fun....a few other things I've been up to...

I've been doing Les Mills Pump, I never finished the 2nd month due to my injury, so I'm excited to finish it off. It is my Soul Mate workout for sure :) Love it! I'm still nervous to start running again, don't want to get re- injured and also nervous because I feel like I'm starting over from the very beginning of my running 
journey! :( I'm going to try tomorrow...wish me luck :)


Made a few Tutu's including these twinner tutus for 4 month olds....Fun!


All day Soccer tournament to finish off the season for 2 of my kids....they did great and played really hard all of the very HOT day long!!!  


A little action shot of my 5 year old.  He has improved so much from last season.  He scored 3 goals in his last game! I Love watching my kids play sports.  

Still off to Soccer tomorrow for my oldest daughters Club team.  A couple more weeks to go of the season, then it's on to Swim Team for the Summer!! Yay! We love sports!

Have a Great Weekend!! Eat Clean and Train Mean ;)

*Don't forget to Enter my current Giveaway for a whole "Conscious Box" full of fun stuff for you!

**Working on your Abs...See my Month of May Ab Challenge HERE

0 Comment Luv:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments and Feedback! If you take the time to read my blog, I'd love to hear from you anytime!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Natural supplements

Brain Balance

Search This Blog

Hint Water

Fit MaMa WannaBe on Facebook

a POPSUGAR Select Fitness Founding Member

Sweat Pink!



Fit Mama WannaBe


To show support please leave comments, questions, feedback and you can follow via Google Friend Connect, Networked Blogs, Bloglovin', Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Fit Mama WannaBe
Thoughts in Vinyl Blog Button

I want to hear your story.....

If you have a Weight-loss or Fitness or any other motivational type Story, I would love to feature you on my blog. Please email me at sparklesandbugs {at} hotmail.com



Follow Me on Pinterest

Copyrighted

Please don't use any picture or ideas from this blog without proper attribution. Thanks a bunch!
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved