Monday, March 5, 2012

My Fave Food trends right now

I thought I would share a few of my favorite foods or snacks.  Some of them I have every single day.  They help me through whether I'm craving something salty or sugary or just leave me feeling fuller.  Here you go!

Spinach- I love to add spinach in all of my smoothies.  No, it doesn't make it gross, you can hardly tell.  I add a handful and mix away.  I add it when my kids want a little smoothie treat also.  The more veggies in their diet the better and they are always begging for a smoothie.  I also add it to my salads, Some lettuce, spinach, carrots, cucumbers, maybe a boiled egg, a little cheese, sliced almonds for a little more salty crunch and a little balsamic vinegar.  That's my salads lately.  Yum!

Unsweetened Almond Milk- I mostly use this in my smoothies instead of regular milk.  I also add it to my oatmeal in the mornings. That brings me to my next food...Oatmeal!

Oatmeal- I love to have Oatmeal in the morning.  Keeps me feeling fuller longer.  I use to buy the little packets of oatmeal...Maple and Brown Sugar to be exact. :) But, they have a ton of added sugars.  So, I just make my own oatmeal with good ol' fashioned quick oats.  1/2 cup oats, 3/4 cup almond milk, put in microwave for about 2 minutes.  (Sometimes I add a little tiny bit of PB, not often though....I already have it too much.) Then I slice some bananas on top, sprinkle with cinnamon and agave syrup.  Yum! If I have time I'll have a 1/2 grapefruit or a scrambled egg.  What a great breakfast.  Keeps you feeling full and tastes good!

Bananas- I love Bananas.  Not only do I add them to my oatmeal. When my bananas start to turn brown I slice them up put them in a ziploc and throw them in the freezer. I add them to my smoothies or blend them up until they are ice cream consistency, add a little cocoa and honey (sometimes pb) and you have a super yummy ice cream treat.  We go through bananas like crazy at our house.  When they start to go brown you can also add them in recipes instead of sugar.  Or cut the sugar in half and do 1/2 mashed banana and 1/2 sugar or sugar substitute.

Almonds- In the afternoon I grab a handful of plain almonds as I'm running out the door, I love to add sliced almonds to my salads or even to my oatmeal or pancakes as a little topper.  Love Almonds!

Popcorn- I will always be obsessed with popcorn.  But, I haven't had a store bought bag of microwave popcorn or movie popcorn for a while.  I even took my own popcorn to the movie this last weekend.  Yay me! A ziploc bag for me and each of my family members...shhhh...don't tell. :) It was great. I saw this Pizza Popcorn on Dr. Oz.  He does it the way I do in a Brown Paper Bag...Awesome! My kids love this pizza popcorn!

Pizza Popcorn

3 TBS popcorn kernels- put in brown paper bag, fold over twice, I pop mine for 2 minutes in my microwave and it comes out perfect.  All microwaves may be different.  Test it out.

Add 1 TBS grated parmesan
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp chives (I haven't add these yet, just because I don't have them on hand)
Shake it all up and enjoy your Healthy popcorn.  Only 200 calories in all 8 cups.

What are you favorite foods lately?  Will you share?


You are the CEO of your Health.  Control the things that you can control.  Be aware of the things you are eating and the things you are feeding your kids.  Buy less packaged stuff and always look at the ingredients if you do buy packaged stuff.  The less ingredients the better.  If you can't read it, don't buy it! Tip of the day :)






6 Comment Luv:

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...[Reply]

My favorite foods right now are steel cut oats, spinach, dates, and apples.

Katie said...[Reply]

We have been eating a lot of spinach and whole grains lately. And Almond milk made it into the cart at Trader Joes this last weekend.

Great blog Ang! I found you on Business Among Moms blog hop! Hope you will stop by mine & visit me on Facebook! www.KatieChilders.com

Unknown said...[Reply]

Thanks for stopping by! I will for sure check your site out too.

Unknown said...[Reply]

I should try dates :)

Unknown said...[Reply]

That popcorn pizza sounds amazing. I will have to try that out with my own kids soon. I too am in love with oatmeal and bananas.

ms.composure said...[Reply]

stumbled onto your blog and just wanted to leave you a little blog luv! popcorn pizza!?!? that sounds AMAZING!!! trying this TONIGHT!!

http://infinitelifefitness.com
http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments and Feedback! If you take the time to read my blog, I'd love to hear from you anytime!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Natural supplements

Brain Balance

Search This Blog

Hint Water

Fit MaMa WannaBe on Facebook

a POPSUGAR Select Fitness Founding Member

Sweat Pink!



Fit Mama WannaBe


To show support please leave comments, questions, feedback and you can follow via Google Friend Connect, Networked Blogs, Bloglovin', Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Fit Mama WannaBe
Thoughts in Vinyl Blog Button

I want to hear your story.....

If you have a Weight-loss or Fitness or any other motivational type Story, I would love to feature you on my blog. Please email me at sparklesandbugs {at} hotmail.com



Follow Me on Pinterest

Copyrighted

Please don't use any picture or ideas from this blog without proper attribution. Thanks a bunch!
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved