Thursday, March 29, 2012

Spectrum 10K March 17, 2012

March 17, 2012 (St. Patricks Day) I ran the Spectrum 10K in Ivans, Utah.  It was my second 10K. It was a great race, beautiful scenery, not that I was paying too much attention to that...haha.
 I had heard that the last 2 miles was all a steady incline, but I didn't expect all the other inclines too. :) It was challenging.  But, It was great! All that was on my mind was "I gotta be faster than 59:22." That was my last 10K time, so I just wanted to make sure I beat that.  I love that running is just me against myself trying to improve each time. I'm glad I had some great friends to do it along with. So fun! I'll probably for sure do it again next year.  
This is us after the race...We did it!! It was Nikki & Jen's first 10K, they did great! 
Nikki & I

Jen & I

Nikki & Jen

All 3 of us :)

There was some great race pics posted on the sports photographers site, but I would have to pay for them :) They showed me finishing and during the race...I sorta wish I had them.  But, I really don't want to pay that much for them.  You can check out the link of the pics HERE...some of them make me laugh.

My time was 58:13
57 out of 105 in my age group
214 out of 459 women
440 out of 776 overall
I'm pretty much in the middle, and I'm fine with that. :)

I'm always looking for the next thing to sign up for...it keeps me going.  I thought I would give this virtual 10K a try on Memorial Day.  Sounds like fun! Check it out.  You want to join me?

2 Comment Luv:

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...[Reply]

Great job on your 10k! I think those are so hard, of course I have only done two. i seem to love 5 mile races and hate 10ks. I am hoping to get a couple in this year and try to learn to like them a little better.

Shannon said...[Reply]

Congrats on your 10k! I am in for the Virtual Run, but probably 5k-don't think I would be ready for the 10k yet! :)

Happy running! :)

Shannon
http://www.everystepcounts365.wordpress.com

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments and Feedback! If you take the time to read my blog, I'd love to hear from you anytime!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Natural supplements

Brain Balance

Search This Blog

Hint Water

Fit MaMa WannaBe on Facebook

a POPSUGAR Select Fitness Founding Member

Sweat Pink!



Fit Mama WannaBe


To show support please leave comments, questions, feedback and you can follow via Google Friend Connect, Networked Blogs, Bloglovin', Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Fit Mama WannaBe
Thoughts in Vinyl Blog Button

I want to hear your story.....

If you have a Weight-loss or Fitness or any other motivational type Story, I would love to feature you on my blog. Please email me at sparklesandbugs {at} hotmail.com



Follow Me on Pinterest

Copyrighted

Please don't use any picture or ideas from this blog without proper attribution. Thanks a bunch!
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved