Monday, March 26, 2012

A Summer Challenge you say...

You may have noticed that I've been in some sort of slump lately :) Well... I'm ready to get out of that for good. Are you with me? Can you believe that summer is so close....ahhhhh!  Also, one more week and it's Spring break for us! Yay! For me it's no fun going into Spring and Summer weather with no confidence.  Don't you agree?? A confidence boost for me is eating healthier and exercising regularly. I know for an absolute fact that I am happiest when I do that.  It's a must. I saw this "Ready for Summer challenge" and figured I would give it a go.  I always do better at reaching my goals when I become part of something.  So, I'm excited for it.  I'm so close to where I want to be, but it still seems like so far away.  My body gets comfortable in one spot and it's hard to get out of that. I go down and up with my weight so fast it's crazy!





This is a 10 week challenge and the idea is to pick one goal (or more) in these four categories:

Weight loss
NSV (Non-Scale Victory)
Exercise
Nutrition

You can change your goals along the way and make sure it's customized to YOU! It gives me something to focus on which is how I work best.  So, here goes!

My Goals:

*Weight Loss- This is the hardest for me.  I know I shouldn't focus so much on a number.  But, I really would be super excited if I could be 125 or 130.  That would be smack in the center of a healthy BMI for me.  So, I know it could only be a good thing If I were there.  For now I'll strive for the 130.  That's 10 lbs.  10 lbs for me is soooo difficult.  I've tried and tried for a year now to do that.  If I go down 5 I go up 5 like 2 days later....ahhhh...it's so hard!! So, this time I will get there dang it!!

*Non-scale Victory- I'm not worried about a certain size.  I just want to look more toned.  I would love to get rid of my flabbier areas :) I want my arms, legs & tummy to look toned so bad. So, I guess I'll go for that! I should take some before pics....but I tried that before and it's too scary. I'll think about it....

*Exercise- I want to exercise at least 5 times a week.  I want to run more! Right now I can only get a run in on Friday or Saturday. I want a weekly goal of at least 10 miles per week.  I don't want two long runs back to back, so I'm going to have to break it up somehow and get up super early 4:30 ish or figure something out for the other days..... I'm getting nervous just thinking about it, but I gotta figure out how to make it work.  I also want to find another race to sign up for. That helps to keep me going. I will also continue to go to cross fit 3 times per week.

*Nutrition- I will get in 64 oz of water per day.  I will eat 2 fruits and 2 veggies per day.  My niece challenged me to go without desserts or candy.  So, I will strive for that too.  I can do this...I can do this!! I've tried to keep a food journal or track my calories, but never stick with it.  I'll think about trying that. I definitely think it will help.

I'm excited for this challenge starting TODAY!! If you need something to keep you accountable you should join too! It would be fun to have some friends join me in someway of a challenge. I hope you'll follow along and keep me accountable.

My latest Mantra about bad foods that needs to be imprinted in my brain is, "I CAN have it, but I don't WANT it." I will keep saying this until I actually believe it.

Here we go!! Wish me luck ;)




4 Comment Luv:

Anonymous said...[Reply]

No Desserts! Gasp. That will be a challenge. :-)
Nice to meet you. I'm doing the summer challenge too.

Shannon said...[Reply]

I'll let you do the no desserts!! :) I had put as one of my goals to eat more fruits and veggies so I'm going to steal your idea-2 fruits and 2 vegetables. That seems manageable AND an easy number to keep up with! :)

Shannon
http://www.everystepcounts365.wordpress.com

Fitness Workouts said...[Reply]

I'm doing the summer challenge to its quite excited and hard also but after reading your article i get motivated and ready to go :)

Best Adjustable Wrist Weights said...[Reply]

Some equipment will help you to look smart and fit ...

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments and Feedback! If you take the time to read my blog, I'd love to hear from you anytime!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Natural supplements

Brain Balance

Search This Blog

Hint Water

Fit MaMa WannaBe on Facebook

a POPSUGAR Select Fitness Founding Member

Sweat Pink!



Fit Mama WannaBe


To show support please leave comments, questions, feedback and you can follow via Google Friend Connect, Networked Blogs, Bloglovin', Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Fit Mama WannaBe
Thoughts in Vinyl Blog Button

I want to hear your story.....

If you have a Weight-loss or Fitness or any other motivational type Story, I would love to feature you on my blog. Please email me at sparklesandbugs {at} hotmail.com



Follow Me on Pinterest

Copyrighted

Please don't use any picture or ideas from this blog without proper attribution. Thanks a bunch!
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved