Thursday, March 15, 2012

Weight Loss & My Bank Account ??





I Love the idea of thinking of Calories as a Bank account, it totally makes sense to me. Make a deposit.... withdraw it out! :) I've tried counting calories in the past, but I know I should really give it a better go.  My Fitness Pal is a great app.  I've tried it before but never seem to stick with entering everything in there.  So, Maybe I'll try it again.
Image Detail 
 In order to lose weight, it is important that you are burning more calories than you are consuming each day. Think of your calories as a bank account. If you make even small deposits in the bank and never withdrawal any calories, you will gain weight over time. The idea is to have a slightly negative balance (up to 500 calories) each day. This does not necessarily mean that you need to cut 500 calories from your diet. You could also burn an extra 500 calories through exercise or a little bit of both.
You know what I would really love?
bodybugg (version 3) calorie management system: PINK Frame
The BodyBugg! Tracks calories in vs. calories out!
(There is so much running gear and little gadgets I want right now....I need to settle down ;))
But Anyway-
Some eating strategies that may help you to lose weight are the following:
1. Eat breakfast. When cutting calories you do not want to cut out entire meals. Breakfast is a very important meal to rev your metabolism which will cause you to burn more calories throughout the day.
2. Drink plenty of water. Sometimes you feel hungry and really you are just dehydrated.
3. Consume high fiber foods such as whole grains and fruits/vegetables. Fiber contributes no calories but does add bulk to your food leading to earlier satiety. You will stay full longer on the same amount of calories.
4. Use a smaller plate. Plate sizes have grown 25% since the 1970s to over 12 inches in diameter. Use a smaller plate (10 inches or less) and you will serve yourself 22% less calories. This could add up to a 2 lb weight loss per month.
5. Eat lower calorie foods first. Fill up on salad or vegetables or fruit at the beginning of your meal. This will cause you to eat less of the higher calorie side dishes.
6. Eat 5-6 smaller meals per day. This will help you to maintain a higher metabolism. Aim to eat every 3-4 hours.
7.  I love smoothies, but smoothies can be high in calories, but they are packed with all good calories, like low fat greek yogurt, fruit...maybe spinach.  Protein, carbs and fiber.  All good things.  So, if you are going to have a smoothie like that it should probably be your meal replacement not just a snack if you are watching your calories.
  Now another way I've been helping my bank account is that I've been putting $1 in Savings for every time I exercise each month.  I track my workouts using daily mile and at the end of each month I count how many I had and I add that amount to my savings account.  It's been a great idea for me.  I can't wait to see how much extra I have saved by the end of the year.  Maybe with what I have saved I could give myself a little gift as a reward along the way and get a cool gadget of some sort.
 Since January 2012 up to the end of February I have put an extra $64 in my savings. I know it doesn't seem like much, but it's something at least.
Image Detail

Don't save up those calories today....this is your only chance to burn through your savings :) Waste, waste & burn those saved up calories! :) Weekends almost here! Have a great day!

 


4 Comment Luv:

Shannon said...[Reply]

I have lots of fitness stuff I want, too! I want that fitbit thing I keep hearing about. But that gadget you are talking about sounds like a winner as well!

Shannon
http://www.everystepcounts365.wordpress.com

Changish said...[Reply]

Nevertheless when eating healthier and slipping in training does consider some get the job done, it seriously does not really have to need heroic hard work. Building just a few very simple life style alterations can pack a big excess fat loss punch after some time.

http://www.daeasydiet.com/

weight loss said...[Reply]

WebMD spoke to excess fat decline industry experts and each day people today who've found out a few painless ways to slim down -- and preserve it off. Right here are their leading strategies on how to get slimmer with no perspiring it much too considerably.

[URL=http://www.daeasydiet.com/]weightloss[/URL]

Richmond Personal Trainer said...[Reply]

Good job

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments and Feedback! If you take the time to read my blog, I'd love to hear from you anytime!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Natural supplements

Brain Balance

Search This Blog

Hint Water

Fit MaMa WannaBe on Facebook

a POPSUGAR Select Fitness Founding Member

Sweat Pink!



Fit Mama WannaBe


To show support please leave comments, questions, feedback and you can follow via Google Friend Connect, Networked Blogs, Bloglovin', Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Fit Mama WannaBe
Thoughts in Vinyl Blog Button

I want to hear your story.....

If you have a Weight-loss or Fitness or any other motivational type Story, I would love to feature you on my blog. Please email me at sparklesandbugs {at} hotmail.com



Follow Me on Pinterest

Copyrighted

Please don't use any picture or ideas from this blog without proper attribution. Thanks a bunch!
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved