Thursday, March 1, 2012

What has worked for Me



I haven't weighed myself in a month.  It has felt good to just focus on exercise and nutrition instead of wondering if that scale would finally budge. February 29 it had been a month since I last weighed so I figured I would see where my body was and I stepped on the scale.....after months of it not really budging...guess what, I lost 5 lbs!  It felt good, but you know what feels even better? The way I feel, the way I have made exercise a complete habit, the way I have been eating.  It all feels so good.  Here are some things that I totally feel had a part in finally getting the scale to budge for me this last month.  

*I have been drinking 64 oz of water everyday.  This has been a struggle for me in the past.  I just found that I don't drink much liquids at all.  I'm sure my body was dehydrated and holding onto everything it had.  But, now that I am finally drinking enough water I think it really helped me drop a few pounds.  Plus, it helps you feel fuller too. Oh- those first couple days were hard, I felt so bloated and had to pee every 2 seconds, but now I feel good.
*I only have sugar 1 day a week.  Believe me it has been hard, I have had plenty of temptation.  I try to choose my "free day" wisely.  But, there has still been plenty of chances for me to have baked goods, treats, etc and I have passed them up.  It did feel good to stay the course and I felt stronger after I said no. Every packaged food, cereal, snack anything I look at the package and if it has more then 2 grams of sugar I don't eat it.  I do eat Peanut Butter if there is 3 grams of sugar but no more than that. I have tried to not have PB as much, not everyday at least. I also use honey or agave to sweeten things sometimes. I have found little snacks that I can eat that help me with my sweet tooth.  I want to try and keep this habit either with having the free day once a week or say no way more often.
*I have eaten at least 2 fruits and 2 veggies everyday and again 1 free day a week where I don't worry or have so much structure.
*I have not had junk food or fast food, I have tried making meals that we love using healthy alternatives.  I again have the free day once a week where I don't worry so much about it and use better alternatives instead of chips or unhealthy snacks.

I eat Breakfast, snack, Lunch, snack, Dinner.  I choose my snacks wisely, things with protein and my veggies/fruits, etc.  to help me feel fuller longer.  I'm feeling great about bettering my diet.  I love it!
My diet changes a long with my exercise regimen have really helped me feel great!
I exercise everyday besides Sunday.  I exercise every morning for about 30 minutes doing a workout video like "Pink Method" (which I love) and I do cross fit every Monday, Tuesday & Thursday.  I run Fridays and Saturdays.  I feel strong and I want to continue these good habits.  Everybody knows once you stop it's so hard to start up again, so I will not stop!!

And I'm so excited I won something for working out so much.  Over at Get Fit Naturally they were doing a little challenge and every time I worked out I got to post it for an entry and I won...yay! Can't wait to get my package in the mail.  How fun!
***

Let me know if you have questions I would love to help you in getting better habits!
What has worked for you or not worked for you??

Happy March!

9 Comment Luv:

Amy said...[Reply]

Ang! I am so proud of you! I don't work out quite as much as you but I too have settled into a routine and I feel so good about what I do! I don't know where on earth that five punds came from though, you already look so great! What you said about drinking more water is such a great piece of advice! It has really made a difference for me too! Thank you for being so inpiring!

Shannon said...[Reply]

You have been doing awesome! :) I have watched how many calories I eat each day (well, almost each day). I have exercised at least 5 days each week-running/walking/zumba. I have done this since January 1st and lost 21 pounds! I have NOT been drinking enough water each day, so that is a goal of mine along with the fact that I want to start some strength training a few days each week.

Kudos to us! :)

Shannon
http://www.everystepcounts365.wordpress.com

Veronica Lee said...[Reply]

You inspire me!

Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Great blog!
Have a nice day!

Krysta said...[Reply]

Loving your blog - found you from Business Among Moms!

Unknown said...[Reply]

Thanks Amy!

Unknown said...[Reply]

Thanks! You have been doing awesome too! I've been thinking I need to track my calories more too. Yay us! :)

Unknown said...[Reply]

Awww...thank you! Thanks so much for stopping by!

Unknown said...[Reply]

Thank you so much for visiting, I appreciate so much!

Claires Healthy Home said...[Reply]

I recently started using unsweetened almond milk. I really like it! Hopped over from BAM blog bump. Following on FB.

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments and Feedback! If you take the time to read my blog, I'd love to hear from you anytime!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Natural supplements

Brain Balance

Search This Blog

Hint Water

Fit MaMa WannaBe on Facebook

a POPSUGAR Select Fitness Founding Member

Sweat Pink!



Fit Mama WannaBe


To show support please leave comments, questions, feedback and you can follow via Google Friend Connect, Networked Blogs, Bloglovin', Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Fit Mama WannaBe
Thoughts in Vinyl Blog Button

I want to hear your story.....

If you have a Weight-loss or Fitness or any other motivational type Story, I would love to feature you on my blog. Please email me at sparklesandbugs {at} hotmail.com



Follow Me on Pinterest

Copyrighted

Please don't use any picture or ideas from this blog without proper attribution. Thanks a bunch!
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved