Monday, April 23, 2012

Spring Cleaning Life

Here we go!  I've had this stinkin' chest cold for over a week...it's still lingering, but I am so in the mood to just get to spring cleaning.  Not only the house, but everything.  Organizing my life, my cleaning schedule, my kids chores, my workout plan.  Aren't you in the mood to spring clean life?? I've started a little vegetable garden and planted flowers.  Let's hope I don't kill them. :)

It's time to reboot my Cleaning schedule.  This is an older post of mine, but I really love it when I stick to this cleaning schedule.  I just feel so....clean & organized! A few things might have changed a little in my daily routine and such, but I pretty much need to get back to doing this daily.  And it starts Today!! Do you have a certain way you clean?

I'm also so revamped to start eating healthy again.  I know, I know....I say this all the time.  Believe me I feel it....ups and downs, eating healthy, trying to eat healthy, not eating healthy!! Ahhhh....I'm a normal person I guess! :) But, why do I keep going back to not eating so healthy when I know how good  I feel and how happy I am when I do eat healthy?  I'm not saying I eat horrible a lot of the times, but I just feel so much better when I really am eating mostly whole foods.  So, when I'm not...well, I feel it.  Last week since I haven't felt good I didn't workout and I guess I use food to try and lift my spirits and feel better.  So, at every chance I could I was taking the kids for ice cream, grabbing pizza for dinner since I didn't feel too good and didn't feel like cooking.  HA! All the stuff probably just made me feel worse.  Oh well! It's kinda funny, I do that every time I'm sick or injured.
I've also realized I can't restrict myself from certain foods.  If I really want something I'll have it.  Because when I restrict myself.  Later on I go on a binge.  You gotta have a treat every once in a while.  You gotta have your favorite meal sometimes.  But, 90% of the time I'm going to try and eat mostly whole foods, fruits & veggies, more protein, less sugar, drink more water every day!! Every morning I'm going to run on the treadmill to start the day off.  Continue cross fit of course, I feel horrible missing all last week.  I just keep visualizing how I want to look, how great I want to feel, the confidence I want to feel this summer wearing a swim suit.  That keeps me motivated.

Now to the kids chores.  My kids love their Marbles! It's been a good system to help good/bad behavior.  I feel like now that they are getting a little older we need to revamp their chores a bit and their good behavior jars.  I also want them to learn about earning money for the good work that they do.  I gotta figure out how to mix them all together: chores, behavior, earning money.....?? Still trying to figure out a great system for it all.  I saw this idea for younger kids that seems pretty good, but I still want to use our marble idea and our chore chart/family board in some way. I'll let you know when I figure it out.  Do you have any ideas or specific things that work with your kids? I would love to hear it. Maybe I'm trying to make it too complicated.  Hopefully I'll figure it out soon, my kids are slacking on their chores lately.

I'm feeling a little overwhelmed trying to reboot everything and also during my busy music teaching schedule....trying to write the program & get things ready for our recital, get registrations for the new fall classes, finish our lessons for the end of our semester.  Plus all other daily busy things of life, running the kids everywhere, dance practices, soccer practices, battling sicknesses.... bills, doctor appts, school volunteering, church calling responsibilities.  It's A LOT sometimes.  But, I just keep going & going one thing at a time.  It's going to be a busy May & June, hopefully after that I can take a breath. :)

8 Comment Luv:

Alana Jo said...[Reply]

Hope you feel better soon. Have a great week!

Maren said...[Reply]

Feel better soon :)

Caron said...[Reply]

Hopefully your cold will be gone very soon. Good luck with week five. :)

PlumPetals said...[Reply]

I'm definitely in the mood for spring cleaning too! You've got a great house organization chart! I need to do something like that too.

I'm also dumfounded by my poor choices sometimes when it comes to food. I know better, yet I don't act on it ... why? I just don't know why it is so difficult to resist temptation. I guess because all that other stuff is so tempting!

Hope you feel better soon :)

Shannon said...[Reply]

OK-so I'm not in the mood to really spring clean yet! :) But I am going to have to get in it-my husband is changing jobs and coming back home after working in another state during the week for over 4 years!! He will be working night shift so I have got to clean out my junk room for him to sleep in during the day!! OMG!! That will be a whole post in itself!! :)

Hope you feel better soon-colds really drag me down!

Shannon
http://www.everystepcounts365.wordpress.com

Unknown said...[Reply]

You sound busy, but you are so organized. I'm super impressed!

I've caught the Spring cleaning bug too -- but I'll say I haven't even got a list. I just start with the "small" spaces like drawers & cupboards and work my way to the bigger places like floors & walls... I've already been outside to do some planting (despite the forecast of snow on Friday).

Hope you're feeling better soon. Have a good week 5! :D

El said...[Reply]

i love the cleaning schedule!! i neeeed it!

Wendy said...[Reply]

I hope, in the midst of giving so much of yourself, that you are indulging in some time alone and some self-care. It sounds like if anyone deserves both, it's you. :)

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments and Feedback! If you take the time to read my blog, I'd love to hear from you anytime!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Natural supplements

Brain Balance

Search This Blog

Hint Water

Fit MaMa WannaBe on Facebook

a POPSUGAR Select Fitness Founding Member

Sweat Pink!



Fit Mama WannaBe


To show support please leave comments, questions, feedback and you can follow via Google Friend Connect, Networked Blogs, Bloglovin', Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Fit Mama WannaBe
Thoughts in Vinyl Blog Button

I want to hear your story.....

If you have a Weight-loss or Fitness or any other motivational type Story, I would love to feature you on my blog. Please email me at sparklesandbugs {at} hotmail.com



Follow Me on Pinterest

Copyrighted

Please don't use any picture or ideas from this blog without proper attribution. Thanks a bunch!
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved