Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I Love Peanut Butter!!

It's National Peanut Butter Day!!
How Fun! It is seriously one of my favorite things! So why not celebrate.  It can be a healthier snack.... with portion control of course :) and especially if you go for the more all- natural kinds.  My latest discovery is PB2.  It's a Peanut Butter powder, great for mixing in smoothies and other recipes.  For a spread you just mix with water and it's awesome! It's so much healthier. They have quite a few recipe ideas here. Maybe you can find a store near you that has it or stock up on a few for food storage to save on the shipping from the site. Another option Make your own Peanut Butter with a Vitamix if you are lucky enough to have one....It's sooooo on my Wish List! I wish, I wish, I wish!

Anyway, here is a round up of some really great Peanut Butter recipes that I can't wait to try!

 
Tone It Up Protein Peanut Butter Cup Shake 
source: http://www.toneitup.com/

1 Scoop Chocolate protein powder (whey or organic brown rice)
1 Cup Almond Milk
2 Tbs. Peanut Butter
1/2 Cup Ice

Blend ingredients in food processor and enjoy!

Peanut Butter Oatmeal
source: http://www.toneitup.com/

1/2 Cup Old Fashion Oats
1 Tbs. All-Natural Peanut Butter
1 Cup Almond Milk (or water)
Cook Oats in Almond Milk according to package instructions. Stir in peanut butter until evenly mixed.

Lighten Up Peanut Butter Cookies
source: http://www.toneitup.com/

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie

1 Cup All-Natural Peanut Butter (creamy)
3/4 Cup Agave Syrup
2 egg whites
1 tsp. natural Vanilla extract
3/4 Cup All-Natural flour (whole wheat or gluten-free)
3/4 Cup Oats
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
Mix peanut butter, egg whites, agave and vanilla together in a small mixing bowl. In a separate bowl combine flour, oats and baking soda. Mix the contents of the two bowls together and stir thoroughly. Let the better chill for about half an hour before placing small amount of the batter evenly on a cooking sheet. Preheat oven to 375 and bake for 10 minutes or until your cookies are lightly browned.

*Here is some Healthy Icecream using Bananas, Cocoa & Peanut Butter....Yum! In need of a treat...there ya go! :) Step by Step easy instructions here



How about some "Nut Butter Nuggets." Uh- Yes! OH my! What a fun little snack.
Pinned Image

Allergic to peanuts....sorry :( Ignore this post...hehe. Use some Almond Butter instead.  I feel bad making yummy things like this in front of my allergic daughter, but Almond butter should work just fine. I for one CANNOT give up PB :)

MMMMmmmm....let me know if you try any of these recipes or if you have some yummy healthier versions of your own.

0 Comment Luv:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments and Feedback! If you take the time to read my blog, I'd love to hear from you anytime!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Natural supplements

Brain Balance

Search This Blog

Hint Water

Fit MaMa WannaBe on Facebook

a POPSUGAR Select Fitness Founding Member

Sweat Pink!



Fit Mama WannaBe


To show support please leave comments, questions, feedback and you can follow via Google Friend Connect, Networked Blogs, Bloglovin', Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Fit Mama WannaBe
Thoughts in Vinyl Blog Button

I want to hear your story.....

If you have a Weight-loss or Fitness or any other motivational type Story, I would love to feature you on my blog. Please email me at sparklesandbugs {at} hotmail.com



Follow Me on Pinterest

Copyrighted

Please don't use any picture or ideas from this blog without proper attribution. Thanks a bunch!
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved