Monday, January 9, 2012

My week....Eating and Workout journal

So, I did pretty good last week about sticking to my workout schedule and eating better.  I'm so on this Health kick big time since the week before New Years.  I seem to be on a Health Kick most of the time...haha. But, I'm just ready to get exactly where I want to be with my Health & Fitness Goals this year.  I ate pretty healthy I thought and worked out a bunch.

Monday- worked out morning and night, Tuesday-night, Thursday- Morning and Night, Friday morning ran, Saturday morning ran. But, I'm a little disappointed, the scale hasn't budged.  Arggghhh....I know I don't have a ton of weight to lose and I'm doing a lot of toning...muscle weighs more than fat ;)  But, still it is nice when the scale will move down a little.  I do feel like my body is changing slightly.  I can tell a difference when I'm eating better AND also working out a lot.  So, we will see what happens, weight isn't everything, but I'd like to see some bigger differences some where in my efforts.  I'll take measurements soon and we will see where that is at.  I thought I'd share with you what I ate a little bit this last week.

Tuesday 1/4/12 
2 scrambled eggs- no salt only pepper (early morning 5:30 am)
whole wheat pancake w/ 1 TBS melted Peanut Butter, sliced bananas, honey & slivered almonds on top.
1 cutie orange
Salad with small amount of ham, sliced cucumbers and small amount of Fat Free Zesty Italian Dressing.
Smoothie w/ Banana, Peach, Blueberries & 1 TBS Peanut Butter, 1 tsp flax seed, almond milk & non-fat greek yogurt.
Cheddar Chicken Baked Chicken Breasts and Peas
Water all day!

1/5/12
Whole Wheat pancake w/ melted PB, Bananas, honey & almonds
1 PB & honey sandwich on 100 wholewheat bread
Small amount of smoked turkey breast
carrots
Handful of plain Raw Almonds
Smoothie- honey greek yogurt, almond milk, frozen banana, spinach, strawberries, pineapple, blueberries, tiny bit agave, 1 tsp flax seed.
Few bites mixed nuts
1/2 PB & honey sandwich on 100% whole wheat. (had to grab a fast dinner)
10 plain tortilla chips
fat free vanilla pudding
Water all Day!

Friday 1/6/12
4 oz orange juice
Instant oatmeal- brown sugar & maple & fat free milk
2 bites scrambled eggs (from sons plate ;)
1/2 cutie orange
6 inch turkey subway on wheat w/ cucumbers, olives & lettuce, oil & vinegar
1/2 small bag baked BBQ chips
8 small Homemade "healthier Baked Chicken Nuggets" & 1 scoop Healthier Baked Mac n Cheese
Water all Day!

So, not perfect eating...not the perfect of meals, But, I thought I made Healthier choices where I had too. I didn't even crave any sweets or anything all week.  The weekend I did have a tiny bit of ice cream & a little bit of chocolate. But, I watched my portions and only had a little.  I'm not trying to eat perfect, just better and not so much junk food. I could try and get more complete meals and combinations in there I'm sure, more fruits and veggies and good proteins.  I'm working on it.
It's really helping me to write it all down. I will try and write down every day this week.  I wanna know....Do you think my Food intake is good or horrible or do you have any advice for me??  I'd like to know!! Please leave a comment.

The hubby started Nutrisystem this week.  He has about 50 or so pounds to lose.  I almost wish I could do it with him. Because then I wouldn't have to prepare much or think about anything, just eat it, then I'd know I was getting everything I needed too.  But, anyway, we will see what happens while he does that, it's just for a month and then hopefully he can continue to eat healthier after that.  I'm excited to see his progress. He is also working out 3 times a week (we do cross-fit together 3 times a week).

Hopefully we are on the track to a healthier new Year and keep it going for the rest of our lives. If there is anything we can do about avoiding major health problems and medical issues later I will do whatever I can now to prevent that.  It seems my hubby is on the right track now....he always seems to have this "It will never happen to me" mentality and it drives me crazy when he doesn't have the drive to exercise or eat healthy.  So, we are off to a good start.  I hope I've finally convinced him to make exercise and health a part of his life forever.

You can see my "Fitness Story" on my Top Tab.  I'm hoping to update it as I go with any progress I make and hopefully I'll have some awesome after pics at the end.  I also use Daily Mile (on my right sidebar) to keep track of my workouts.  You can follow along to make sure I'm sticking with it and also try it yourself. :)

0 Comment Luv:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments and Feedback! If you take the time to read my blog, I'd love to hear from you anytime!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Natural supplements

Brain Balance

Search This Blog

Hint Water

Fit MaMa WannaBe on Facebook

a POPSUGAR Select Fitness Founding Member

Sweat Pink!



Fit Mama WannaBe


To show support please leave comments, questions, feedback and you can follow via Google Friend Connect, Networked Blogs, Bloglovin', Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Fit Mama WannaBe
Thoughts in Vinyl Blog Button

I want to hear your story.....

If you have a Weight-loss or Fitness or any other motivational type Story, I would love to feature you on my blog. Please email me at sparklesandbugs {at} hotmail.com



Follow Me on Pinterest

Copyrighted

Please don't use any picture or ideas from this blog without proper attribution. Thanks a bunch!
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved