Thursday, July 14, 2011

Birthday Ideas

In my family my two girls & I celebrate summer birthdays! I've been on the lookout for fun things I can do for my girls. My oldest will be turning eight soon, such a special age that we've all been looking forward to. She will have a friend party and then a family get together on her Baptism day. She really wants a Sleep Over, yikes for me! :)
 I found a couple cute things over at "Hostess with the Mostess" blog. So many cute party ideas over there. You have to check it out!

A few ideas that caught my eye:



Decisions, Decisions..... :)

 Birthday Traditions are fun! On each of my kids' birthdays we let them choose what we will eat for Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner....Here are a few other birthday tradition ideas. I'd like to start some new ones.
One other idea that I have a goal to start for my kids is to make a slide show on disc with pictures of them during the year, showing their accomplishments, fun times, etc.  I may do it every year or just on big ones like 5, 8, 12, 16, 18.  We'll see :) It would be fun to show it at their birthday and then save it for them to keep as a gift. They would love it!
Do you have any birthday traditions you and your family do??  Any great Birthday Parties you have thrown? I'd love to hear any other ideas!

As I was at the Doctor office I saw a yummy idea in a Rachael Ray Magazine.
 I can't seem to find her version online though. They kinda looked like this with candles added.

Birthday Cake Pancakes
Mix a box of yellow cake mix, add in sprinkles, pour a ladle full on the griddle just like you would cook regular pancakes. Mix Powdered sugar and water and drizzle it over the top.  Add more sprinkles if desired & candles in the top. Yum! This might have to be a new Birthday breakfast tradition at our house. My kids would love it!

I still remember my 6th Birthday breakfast.  Belgian Waffles with Strawberry Ice Cream on top with Strawberry syrup.  So Good! It's another great option.

I have a lot of party planning & "get togethers" to plan in the next couple weeks.  Wish me luck...as right now I am laid up with my tonsils just removed yesterday...ouch!!
I'd love if you have any fun ideas for me to read about while I lay here! :)

Happy Summer Birthdays!!

linkin' up:
Somewhat Simple






  />

5 Comment Luv:

Misty @Creative Itch said...[Reply]

All of those birthday ideas look like fun!

Here's to hoping for a speedy recovery!!

Zerique said...[Reply]

i love the night owl pajama party but all of them look like so much fun.

Emily said...[Reply]

Hi! I am actually stopping by from the blog and was checking out your blog and loved this post! SOOO cute, and the birthday pancakes with the sprinkles- what a sweet idea! My 5 year old would love that! I think my fav is the ice cream party!

Anyways, I am your newest follower!

Have a great weekend!

Kristine@thefoleyfam said...[Reply]

Lots of awesome ideas!! Thanks for sharing! M turns one at the end of this month!! Love me a good party ;)

Kristine
www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

Romanian Princess said...[Reply]

I love your blog! Please follow me back at:
www.romanianprincess.com

XoXo Nicole Mariana

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments and Feedback! If you take the time to read my blog, I'd love to hear from you anytime!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Natural supplements

Brain Balance

Search This Blog

Hint Water

Fit MaMa WannaBe on Facebook

a POPSUGAR Select Fitness Founding Member

Sweat Pink!



Fit Mama WannaBe


To show support please leave comments, questions, feedback and you can follow via Google Friend Connect, Networked Blogs, Bloglovin', Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Fit Mama WannaBe
Thoughts in Vinyl Blog Button

I want to hear your story.....

If you have a Weight-loss or Fitness or any other motivational type Story, I would love to feature you on my blog. Please email me at sparklesandbugs {at} hotmail.com



Follow Me on Pinterest

Copyrighted

Please don't use any picture or ideas from this blog without proper attribution. Thanks a bunch!
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved