Friday, July 22, 2011

Fitness Friday: I've gotta Sweet Tooth {& Link Up}

Welcome to Fitness Friday!!


Who likes Sweets? Raise your hand! I do, I do! Who doesn't?? *You are my hero* :)

They are for sure my downfall. If you offer me a cookie or ice cream, I more than likely am not going to turn it down :)
There are so many cute treats to make for parties, etc. and It's just fun food!! 

But, did you know that SUGAR is an addiction just like any Drug addiction.  It's a drug.  There a natural sugars that are good for our bodies, like fruit.  Some fruits are more nutritious than others.  But, simple sugars are NOT GOOD FOR OUR BODIES.  
I know that... you know that.  
But, what do we do about it?

According to a research study, refined sugar is far more addictive than cocaine -- one of the most addictive and harmful substances.
Ewww....I don't like talking about {rats} on my pretty blog-io....ewwww.... but this is Important Info. An astonishing 94 percent of rats who were allowed to choose mutually-exclusively between sugar water and cocaine, chose sugar. Even rats who were addicted to cocaine quickly switched their preference to sugar, once it was offered as a choice. The rats were also more willing to work for sugar than for cocaine. Seriously!! Now that is a little disturbing.  Because we don't look at our yummy sweet sugar as a drug.  But, it's true. It leads to Diabetes, gained weight, poor immune system, sluggish bodies, low energy. We usually regret it 15 minutes after we eat it right?  Why does it leave you in such a sad, regretful state? Maybe because we know deep down that most of us have it way too often. It's everywhere!
This is a great article from Active.com - Sugar Sense
We don't have to completely go Cold Turkey and give up Sweets.  But, we can make better decisions, cut back on the "not so good" sugars little by little and have it in moderation.  It will take will power, it won't be easy.  But, we can do it together.  
Don't get me wrong, I am going to have Birthday Cake on my Birthday, have dessert at a family get together, make cookies with my kids. But, maybe I could only do that.  Not have it "just because" All. the.Time (lately it's all I've been able to eat because of my darn tonsillectomy- popsicles, ice cream, not much I can do about that, but actually crushed ice cubes do seem to help more).  But, When I get better I could try just a Hershey kiss, Sugar Free "Desserts" Gum, or something small like that when I just HAVE to have something sweet.  Fruit & more fruit should help and will give more nutrients too. I'm going to drink a glass of water anytime I think about it.  A glass of low fat Chocolate Milk after a tough work out will curb the sweet tooth, but at least give some good nutrients too {I've talked about the "Chocolate Milk Recovery drink" before on Fit Mama Wannabe}. My Shakes help a lot with curbing the sweet tooth and makes me so full too. I'm going to try and save the sweets for special occasions & learn moderation, Only have as small of doses as possible when I need something sweet. Moderation is KEY!  I'm not going to get down on my self if I happen to have something, but just get right back on the wagon and keep trying my best. I'm going to cut back starting out with the obvious "sweet stuff" as I know sugar is in EvErYtHiNg. But that is my goal! It's a start. I know after a couple days of less sugar you start to not crave it as much. So, who's with me? Just try for Less Sugar!! We may even lose a few pounds and will for sure feel better too. 
Other great sources & Info:
P.S- Don't judge me if I put yummy goodie recipes on the blog & have cake on my B-day Tomorrow *wink, wink*  (MoDeRaTiOn....it's my new word of the month...I for sure used it enough today, but I'll say it again...MODERATION)
~TGIF~
~Now let's get this "Link up Party" Started (read the rules please)~
1. Follow me  Leave a comment & I will follow you back! 
2. Include the "Fitness Fridays" button (found on my left sidebar) in your post & link up to the exact post not your home page url.
3. Create a blog post. If you want help in staying accountable, Blog about your goals in health & fitness, Your pledge for less sugar :),your progress each week, what you struggle with, etc. This will give me and others the opportunity to help with comments and encouragement to reach your Health & Fitness goals. 
If you are a Health & Fitness blogger you can create a post just for Fitness Fridays or anything else that you'd like to share. If you have a great tip, healthy snack or recipe or something that you've found please link up.
4. Please visit other links to comment & encourage others
5. Come back every week for our link up party

 Thanks!! This can be fun and so motivating and helpful to others. 
Now let's get this Party Started!! Have a great weekend!


I'm also linking up with:




Life As I See It [Fitness, Health and Happiness] 

<

14 Comment Luv:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments and Feedback! If you take the time to read my blog, I'd love to hear from you anytime!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Natural supplements

Brain Balance

Search This Blog

Fit MaMa WannaBe on Facebook

a POPSUGAR Select Fitness Founding Member

Sweat Pink!



Fit Mama WannaBe


To show support please leave comments, questions, feedback and you can follow via Google Friend Connect, Networked Blogs, Bloglovin', Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Fit Mama WannaBe

I want to hear your story.....

If you have a Weight-loss or Fitness or any other motivational type Story, I would love to feature you on my blog. Please email me at sparklesandbugs {at} hotmail.com

Copyrighted

Please don't use any picture or ideas from this blog without proper attribution. Thanks a bunch!
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved