Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Easy Peazy Chicken Enchiladas

I would hardly listen to my mom growing up when she would try and teach me how to make a meal.  I didn't really want to listen...haha.  But, as I was headed off to college and especially as I got married it was a little scary that I would have to cook.  Although I didn't want to listen too much when she was trying to teach me, I did learn how to cook from her. I'm definitely not as good as her, but I'm learning.  You know how as you get older it becomes clear that your parents are trying to teach you things for a reason {light bulb} & Although it drives me crazy sometimes to have my kids help me in the kitchen, they love it and I know it is teaching them!! So here is an easy peasy way my mom showed me how to make Chicken Enchiladas.  Just the basic ingredients, but  tastes great! This is one of my husbands favorite meals and he says my enchiladas are the best he's ever tasted.  He's easy to please :) But still....
Here ya go.

*Chicken Enchiladas*
 You'll need:
*6-8 flour Tortillas (Wheat tortillas would be a healthier option and you can hardly tell the difference when cooked up in this)
*20 oz Can Enchilada Sauce (some may like them a little saucier)
*15 oz Can Refried Beans (I'd like to try Black Beans & see how that tastes, I love them and they would be a healthier option)
*Cooked Chicken/shredded/canned/bottled
(I use my bottled chicken from my food storage, we bottle some at least once a year, believe me it's really good, no added yucky stuff :) and it's so handy to have on hand, I use it for everything. Canned is okay too)
*Grated Cheese
*Toppings of your choice- lettuce, sour cream, olives, tomatoes
 Pre-heat Oven to 350, spray your cooking dish with non-stick spray.  I like to use an 8 x 11 glass casserole dish, I can usually sqeeze 7 or 8 tortillas in there. Pour some of the enchilada sauce into a pie plate.  You may get a little messy here! :) Lay in your Tortilla and coat both sides with sauce.  Scoop on some refried beans, chicken, grated cheese & drizzle a little enchilada sauce on top. Fold in the short ends of the tortilla & then roll up so there are no open sides.
Top all tortillas with the remaining enchilada sauce and grated cheese. Bake for about 30 minutes at 350 until cheese is completely melted and sauce is bubbling. Let cool for about 5 minutes.
Top with whatever you'd like and Enjoy!! So easy and very good!!
Thanks Mom! :)



I'm linking up:
Somewhat SimpleCreations by Kara
Making Monday Marvelous Linky Party

2 Comment Luv:

Nicole Hunt said...[Reply]

Thanks for sharing! I always enjoy trying new recipes- especially easy ones! Looks really good.

Brit said...[Reply]

Thanks for linking up with us. These look delicious! and I am all about easy :)
Britney
www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/JandMsEyeCandy

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments and Feedback! If you take the time to read my blog, I'd love to hear from you anytime!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Natural supplements

Brain Balance

Search This Blog

Hint Water

Fit MaMa WannaBe on Facebook

a POPSUGAR Select Fitness Founding Member

Sweat Pink!



Fit Mama WannaBe


To show support please leave comments, questions, feedback and you can follow via Google Friend Connect, Networked Blogs, Bloglovin', Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Fit Mama WannaBe
Thoughts in Vinyl Blog Button

I want to hear your story.....

If you have a Weight-loss or Fitness or any other motivational type Story, I would love to feature you on my blog. Please email me at sparklesandbugs {at} hotmail.com



Follow Me on Pinterest

Copyrighted

Please don't use any picture or ideas from this blog without proper attribution. Thanks a bunch!
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved