Monday, July 11, 2011

Special K Treats

Special K Treats
(I got this recipe from a friend- Thanks Jennifer :)
1 stick Butter or Margarine
2 cups mini marshmallows or 20 large marshmallows
1 Cup Brown Sugar
4 cups Special K Cereal
In sauce pan melt Butter on low to medium heat, stir in marshmallows & brown sugar, stirring constant until marshmallows are melted.  Keep on low to medium heat, may slightly boil, once marshmallows are melted, continue stirring mixture constantly for 3 minutes (this is a tricky part sometimes, don't let over cook, you will feel it getting thicker, but don't let it get too thick, 3 minutes tops will be fine, do not let it get to a full rumbling boil...you've got the heat too high). Take off heat and add in 4 cups of Special K Cereal. Stir until totally covered with mixture. Spray 8 x 8 baking dish with non stick spray and pour in.  Let cool, cut in squares and eat up.  So Yummy!
***
If you are looking for a Healthy Snack this is not one of them!! :) I do enjoy my treats, {just saying..hehe.}  Just because I love Health & Fitness doesn't mean I don't like treats and comfort foods. I try to eat my best 80% of the time and give myself 20% where I don't worry so much.  I don't usually say to my self "you can't have that" unless I'm doing some sort of challenge or something, because I feel it makes things worse.  You always want what you can't have and then you end up piggin' out like crazy. :) I think it's okay once in a while to have a treat, to make them with your kids, on special occassions or just for no reason once in a while! All things in moderation, right!? If you are looking for more healthier snack options -these are my 80% of the time snacks. Just thought I'd clarify, I do on occasion post yummy treats or my favorite recipes that I don't want to forget & to share.  So, all you health food junkies I hope you don't mind :) this is me!!

Partying with:
Tip Junkie handmade projectsThe Girl Creative






Creations by Kara

5 Comment Luv:

SbMac said...[Reply]

Oh my these look delicious! Atleast you can say the cereal is fiber right? I would eat them all up!

Anonymous said...[Reply]

What a yummy treat!

AsylumTanya said...[Reply]

I used to make something like this with peanut butter when I was younger. I am definitely trying these! Thanks for sharing!

Desi said...[Reply]

I bet these are so good! And I love that they are pretty simple to make :) I also wanted to invite you over to my cookbook giveaway that is going on right now. Today is the last day to enter so stop on by! Hope you are having a great week :)

http://steaknpotatoeskindagurl.blogspot.com/2011/07/my-first-giveaway.html

Kristine@thefoleyfam said...[Reply]

Genius!! I will have to try and make these! Thanks for and linking up to “Help a Momma Out Tuesdays” on our blog!! :)

Kristine
www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments and Feedback! If you take the time to read my blog, I'd love to hear from you anytime!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Natural supplements

Brain Balance

Search This Blog

Hint Water

Fit MaMa WannaBe on Facebook

a POPSUGAR Select Fitness Founding Member

Sweat Pink!



Fit Mama WannaBe


To show support please leave comments, questions, feedback and you can follow via Google Friend Connect, Networked Blogs, Bloglovin', Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Fit Mama WannaBe
Thoughts in Vinyl Blog Button

I want to hear your story.....

If you have a Weight-loss or Fitness or any other motivational type Story, I would love to feature you on my blog. Please email me at sparklesandbugs {at} hotmail.com



Follow Me on Pinterest

Copyrighted

Please don't use any picture or ideas from this blog without proper attribution. Thanks a bunch!
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved