Friday, July 15, 2011

Fitness Friday: The Tonsil Diet :) & Link up!

Welcome to Fitness Friday!
I'm not feeling very fit today.  I just got my tonsils out on Wednesday...Ouch! So, I have to take a break from my regular workout regimen, which is a little scary.  It's always a little harder to get back into exercise after an illness, surgery or injury.  I'm feeling pretty weak right now and I'm hoping when I start feeling better I will have the energy.  I know I will have to start back up slow with the exercise and I hope it doesn't feel like I'm starting  back from the beginning of running again. Let me know if you have any tips in this area!
Now I sure don't recommend the "Tonsil Diet"....LOL...I am looking forward to when I can eat real food.  But, I have found some great options I can have.  Now just to see if my Hubby will make them for me :)
Check out these Berry Yogurt Popsicles from Ginas Skinny Recipes. I'm loving her site and these look delicious and are nutritious too.


Popcicles can be a healthy nutritious snack when made with yogurt, 100% fruit juice or smoothies. It can be something fun for your kids to do too!

A good thing is that I can drink my Shakeology and know that I'm getting some good nutrition although I'm not eating too much stuff. I've been thinking of trying to make popsicles out of it too.
So, that's it for today.  I'd love any comments, link ups or questions you might have.  It can keep me busy while I lay here :)


Now let's get to the "Link up Party"
1. Follow me  Leave a comment & I will follow you back! 
2. Include the "Fitness Fridays" button in your post & link up to the exact post not your home page url.
3. Create a blog post. If you want help in staying accountable, Blog about your goals, your progress each week, what you struggle with, etc. This will give me and others the opportunity to help with comments and encouragement to reach your Health & Fitness goals. 
If you are a Health & Fitness blogger you can create a post just for Fitness Fridays or anything else that you'd like to share. If you have a great tip, healthy snack or recipe or something that you've found please link up.
4. Please visit other links to comment & encourage others
5. Come back every week for our link up party

 Thanks!! This can be fun and so motivating and helpful to others. 
Now let's get this Party Started!! Have a great weekend!

I'm also partying with:



Tip Junkie handmade projects


Life As I See It [Fitness, Health and Happiness]Momma Made It Look Easy
Sumo's Sweet StuffMaking Monday Marvelous Linky Party

14 Comment Luv:

Claire Justine said...[Reply]

I hope your feeling better soon,the Popsicle look nice,thanks for the hosting :)

Anonymous said...[Reply]

Oh goodness, I feel SO sorry for you! If it's any consolation, I had to have mine out a couple of years ago due to repeated bouts of strep throat. They recovery was pretty rough, but I haven't been sick like that again, and usually when I do get sick it is a few sniffles for a day or two and then nothing. So I am so glad I had it done. Hang in there.

BTW, I am blogging my weight-loss journey to lose 200 pounds over at www.fatchickfedup.com. Would love to have you visit.

myp90xjourney 55blogspot.com said...[Reply]

Hi Angela, I'm Sharon. Sorry to hear about your surgery I hope your feeling better. I've started a new Journey P90X. I did it a few years ago but didn't make a life style change. Now I'm ready for the change.
By the way I love Shakeology.
Check me out at:

http://Myp90xjourney55.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...[Reply]

Hey, Linked up and put your button on my Great Blogs page. Thanks for hosting. http://racingandsavingmama.com/links-to-great-bloggers-and-websites/

Dina @ DinaRuns said...[Reply]

Hope you feel better soon! Enjoy the rest and I'm sure you will be back to your regular routine in no time.

Clayton Thomas said...[Reply]

Feel better soon. I have hit your blog on the worst night because I am being a slacker. Oh well, maybe you have inspired me to go in the morning.

Best wishes,

Clayton
http://www.claytonpaulthomas.com

Unknown said...[Reply]

Hi! New follower from the Finding New Friends Weekend Blog Hop! http://www.asthebunnyhops.com

ren powell said...[Reply]

So glad you got through the tonsillectomy with humor and loads of goodies! Take your time getting back at it. I think I hopped into the kayaking weekend too quickly after being ill. Feeling it a bit this week.

About a Mom said...[Reply]

Hi! New GFC follower from weekend hop! Hope you'll stop by http://aboutamom.com to say hi and return the follow!

jillconyers said...[Reply]

Hi Angela. Hope you feel better soon! I love Gina's website and her recipes are my go-to favorites for menu planning. My only tip is to be careful about going back too soon. Take care.

Unknown said...[Reply]

Get well soon!

Stumbled upon your lovely blog and following it. You may also visit Olah Momma!, or add your website and deals (coupons/giveaways),  and meet more moms at Momma's Lounge.

ninalazina said...[Reply]

I love all these ice lollies that keep coming up. Will have to pop to that site to try that one. Your newest follower. Nina

www.ninalazina.info

Createliveblog said...[Reply]

Gah! YUCK! Sorry you got your tonsils out :( I had that done - when I was SEVEN - and have bad memories of it... but it gets better quickly, so good luck!
I just found your blog & am a new follower! :)

-Carly
www.createliveblog.com

Kristine@thefoleyfam said...[Reply]

They look delish!! Hope you are recovering nicely!! Thanks for sharing!!

Kristine
www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments and Feedback! If you take the time to read my blog, I'd love to hear from you anytime!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Natural supplements

Brain Balance

Search This Blog

Hint Water

Fit MaMa WannaBe on Facebook

a POPSUGAR Select Fitness Founding Member

Sweat Pink!



Fit Mama WannaBe


To show support please leave comments, questions, feedback and you can follow via Google Friend Connect, Networked Blogs, Bloglovin', Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Fit Mama WannaBe
Thoughts in Vinyl Blog Button

I want to hear your story.....

If you have a Weight-loss or Fitness or any other motivational type Story, I would love to feature you on my blog. Please email me at sparklesandbugs {at} hotmail.com



Follow Me on Pinterest

Copyrighted

Please don't use any picture or ideas from this blog without proper attribution. Thanks a bunch!
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved